Lost Photos from Slovakia

Back in '06, my employer sent me to Presov, Slovakia for five months to work with the Slovak Air Force.  During that time, I took many trips within the country and met many wonderful people.  Last year, I posted some pictures of Betliar Manor, a residence of past nobility in the southern part of the country.  I thought I'd posted all of those but recently discovered a CD containing some pictures of the same trip, pictures that were taken by the family that hosted me that day.  They're mostly of the area around the manor with some including me and my friends.  Take special note, though, of the picture with the elderly woman sitting at a table.  She was the grandmother of one of my friends and we had stopped off in her village to visit her during our touring that day.  At some point in our discussion, she told us she'd been a young woman during WWII and then started sharing some of her experiences from that time.  One especially interesting topic was her perspective on the Germans versus the Russians.  She favored the former compared to the latter and was very vocal about this.  Make of that what you will but those were her true feelings.




  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti