Christmas in Djibouti

Just checking in for those who are already reading my blog. Well, today was Christmas, but I had to work. Actually, I didn't mind it so much because it didn't really feel like Christmas. The temperature was in the mid-80s and most businesses were open. Still, I was a little surprised because there were some references to Christmas downtown. In the Semiramis supermarket, there was actually someone dressed as Santa Claus and ringing a bell. Also, several people I met today wished me a Merry Christmas. I felt a little self conscious about that because acknowledgement of Christmas was forbidden in Saudi Arabia, another muslim country I've lived in.

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday and time off.

Talk to you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti