Search Engine

Google
 

Friday, December 11, 2009

"Ghost of Freedom: A History of the Caucasus"

This is the first book I downloaded for my Kindle.  I've only read the first chapter but would highly recommend it to anyone interested in that part of the world.  I really like how the author weaves narrative of his own experiences in the region with historical events.  I could even see reflections of some of my own experiences with the Georgian people in his writing.  Can't wait to read the rest of it!

2 comments:

  1. How do you like using the Kindle? Thanks for the book suggestion...I'll have to pick it up one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do love it. Like e-mail made me write more consistently, this is encouraging me to read more. You should really get the book, I'm about half-way through now and have learned so much. It made me love Georgia even more.

    Any travel dates yet? Take care.

    ReplyDelete