Mt. Rysy

'Rysy' is the second tallest mountain in the 'Vysoke Tatry' range of Slovakia.  It stands at approximately 2,500 meters and is quite dangerous with landslides killing a few people every year.  As a matter of fact, Slovak law requires that insurance be bought for any rescue that might be necessary.  When I began climbing it, I stopped worrying about the landslides and worried more about the heart attack I thought I was going to have!  Seriously, climbing this mountain was one of the most difficult things I ever did in my life.  Of course, it probably would have been much easier if I had been younger!

Anyway, here are three pictures but I'll be posting more over the next several days. It took 10 hours to climb up and down so there were a lot of pictures!



It looked so easy in the beginning.

I'm having fun risking my life!

Not smiling anymore.  Why am I so tired?






Comments

  1. Good question, Russ...why are you so tired?:)
    Great experience, btw, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was just like Army basic training. I didn't enjoy very much at the time but it gave me a lot of good stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti