Search Engine

Google
 

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mt. Rysy

'Rysy' is the second tallest mountain in the 'Vysoke Tatry' range of Slovakia.  It stands at approximately 2,500 meters and is quite dangerous with landslides killing a few people every year.  As a matter of fact, Slovak law requires that insurance be bought for any rescue that might be necessary.  When I began climbing it, I stopped worrying about the landslides and worried more about the heart attack I thought I was going to have!  Seriously, climbing this mountain was one of the most difficult things I ever did in my life.  Of course, it probably would have been much easier if I had been younger!

Anyway, here are three pictures but I'll be posting more over the next several days. It took 10 hours to climb up and down so there were a lot of pictures!



It looked so easy in the beginning.

I'm having fun risking my life!

Not smiling anymore.  Why am I so tired?






2 comments:

  1. Good question, Russ...why are you so tired?:)
    Great experience, btw, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was just like Army basic training. I didn't enjoy very much at the time but it gave me a lot of good stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete