Deflated Expectations

Well, sort of.  I came home from work ready to start the weekend off right.  I soon left my hotel room and went downstairs to hop in my car.  I noticed when I started to pull out, some unknown Djiboutian began violently signaling me to stop.  This happens all the time and I ignored him for fear he was going to ask me for money.  I then proceeded to the embassy to cash a check.  When I parked there, I noticed that one of my tires was almost flat and had a nail in it!  I guess this was what the stranger wanted to tell me.  Oh well, I avoided having to tip him for the information.

Anyway, I got some cash and then told my supervisor about the tire.  I was going to try to make it to a gas station but he insisted on helping me change it.  Together, we got it done in about 10 minutes, faster than a lot of pit crews!  After that, I drove to "Pyramid Rental Cars" and they repaired the tire in about 15 minutes.  Everything was so efficient, I almost appreciated being here.  Almost!

Actually, it's not that bad.  I even got to mark off the list one of the hundred things I must do before I die--change a flat tire in Djibouti!

Comments

  1. There is something positive. In every country...good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I was mistaken. They repaired the tire but it went flat again overnight. I suspect they didn't patch it carefully enough. So, I take back the positive comments I made! By the way, I responded to your last letter about the document. Please let me know if you didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...there will be something positive in that country...I hope. The landscape? The wild nature? The weather? How about the people living there? Are they friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking, believe me, I'm looking hard but it's like trying to find gold in an old abandoned mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the food...hope the food is good :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti