Search Engine

Google
 

Friday, May 27, 2011

Delicious Moroccan Food

One week ago, I was invited to the apartment of a Moroccan co-worker for dinner.  Following the American custom, I normally eat my dinner between 5-6pm but waited till 8pm to begin this meal.  It all started with snacks including nuts, dates, and other fruits.  They were tasty but I didn't want to spoil what I knew would be a big dinner so I tried not to eat too many of these.  When the meal was served, it began with an appetizer called 'Bastilla' which tasted a bit like dessert.  The main course was a dish called 'Cous Cous,' a mixture of some type of wheat extract with beef and assorted vegetables.  All in all, it was a very delicious meal and the first time I'd experienced Moroccan food.

The conversation was interesting as well and the event makes me want to visit this country some day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Russ...sorry for my off topic. Have you ever been in Lithuania? A colleague of mine visited that country and she told me it's a beautiful place. Just curious since you like the eastern countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been there but I imagine it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete