Different But Easy

I learned something new today.  Up until now, parking has been free for me in the three places to which I primarily drive.  I live in a hotel and can park in the basement below it for free.  I need only take the token I received from the parking booth and have it scanned by hotel staff.  At work, of course, parking is also free and very convenient.  Finally, I often go to Carrefour to stock up on food products and the parking is free as well--all you have to do is show your purchase receipt on the way out. 

So, what did I learn?  Well, I met a friend for lunch and had to park on the street in front of the restaurant.  When we exited, I saw a piece of paper on my windshield that looked like a parking ticket.  Before I could panic, my friend told me it was just a parking bill indicating how much I owed for the parking.  He told me I could take it to any 7-11 and pay it in person.  Apparently, they scan it and it's paid electronically after they've received the cash from you.  Different from the US but very easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti