Good Help Is Hard To Find!

Yesterday, I decided to look for some office furniture at my local Office Depot.  I needed a filing cabinet, ideally one made out of wood so that it might blend in better with my other furniture.  I drove about a mile to get to the store nearest my house.  Not only did it not have what I wanted but the furniture department was a disaster with everything arranged helter skelter and with trash on the floor.  I wonder where the manager responsible for this despicable display was?  Anyway, I quickly departed that location.

The next closest location was only a half mile farther so I decided to give it another try.  I did find an acceptable cabinet there but couldn't find any salesmen around to ask questions about it.  Amazingly, the only employee I could locate was one cashier who was already very busy!  Where were the others?  Did someone pull the fire alarm without me knowing?  I waited about 10 minutes and then gave up.

I don't think such poor customer service/poor maintenance is unique to Office Depot.  I've noticed a steady decline in these areas the last several years and believe this correlates with a general decline ongoing in society.  It may be worse in some parts of the country than in others but I believe all are going down.  That's why, in just a few years, I will be looking for a landing place abroad.

Who is John Galt???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti