A Nice Drive

I took a nice drive down to Martin County, Kentucky today to visit the area where I grew up and check on some of my property.  One piece of property is in a secluded area called Milo which is near Tomahawk.  If you're from the county, you know it.  Anyway, during my time there, I saw two signs along the road advertising items for sale.  The first one offered homestead eggs for only $3.50/dozen.  The second one was directing me to a business that sells elk and bison meat (yes, there are elk herds there but I'm not sure about bison).  Unfortunately, that business was closed today, but I did get a chance to stop at the house selling eggs.  I bought three dozen and had a great conversation with the owner.  Apparently, he's a retired truck driver who last lived in Montana and now wants to live off the land in Kentucky.  I forgot to ask him how he ended up in my home county, especially with no previous connection it, but I guess I can ask him next time.  I forgot because I was so focused on the two turkeys in his front yard.  Here's a picture of them; they were surprisingly tame.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti