Harlan, Kentucky (Part 2)

To continue . . . I mentioned in my last post how difficult it would've been to visit Harlan in the past because of the poor road conditions.  However, I was pleased that the roads these days are quite good except for the last 30 miles or so where I was forced to drive on a very curvy one at high elevation.  Still, it wasn't too bad and provided some nice views (which I couldn't snap pictures of due to the lack of wide spots to pull off on beside the road).  

As a point of reference, you can see Harlan County highlighted on the map below.  To the northeast and on the WV border is Martin County, the county in which I grew up.  It's probably about 120 miles away as the crow flies.



You can see more street scenes of Harlan in the next two pictures.





In the next three, you can see the Justice Center, County Courthouse, and a Methodist church, respectively.







More coming soon!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti