Notre Dame Library

After viewing the football stadium, I headed straight for the library.  I spent a lot of productive time there during my college days, especially on the 9th floor where the Classics materials used to be stored (they're on the 8th floor now).  The pictures below begin with the obligatory shot of the 'Touchdown Jesus' mural.  Rumor has it that he sometimes raises his arms higher during football games to exhort the team to fight harder.  The next picture shows an electronic floor guide (inside the elevator) to library materials; this is the first time I noticed this feature.  Picture 3 is of what may be the actual desk I sat at all those years ago while studying.  It sure looked old enough to be the one.  Number 4 shows the view that would often distract me from my studies.  And, finally, picture 5 has the rows and rows of bookshelves on the 9th floor.  I wish my home library was so nice.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy these pictures, especially those of you who've had the pleasure of walking past these hallowed grounds.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti