Notre Dame South Quad

When I was a student at Notre Dame, the campus wasn't as large as it is now.  It pretty much consisted of the North and South Quads; I lived in the larger, South one.  There were also several buildings/structures between those two quads and on the edges of the main campus.  The layout seemed sensible at the time.  However, today, I feel as if the administrators have overbuilt in their desire to stand out from other universities.  The additional buildings seem to comprise a sprawling urban area with no organizational plan.  Honestly, I don't like it, especially when comparing it to the past.  Anyway, here are three pictures of the South Quad as taken from one end of it.  Most of the buildings that line the quad are dorms along with a dining and athletic facility.  I remember my friends and I trudging through the snow in this quad to get to classrooms that were inevitably far away (but not as far as today).  Good memories.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arta, Djibouti